Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Ruh-Roh - Mocha Gained Weight

I took Mocha with me today when I went to pick up something at the vet - I wanted to get her weighed.  Dave had mentioned recently that she looks like she has gained weight, and I agreed.  I wanted to find out how much weight she had put on.

Well, the scale showed that Mocha weighs 60.4 pounds!  That is about 8 pounds more than last time.  She needs to lose a bit.  The vet's office is going to work up a plan for her, based on the brand of food she eats (Blue Buffalo Basic).  I think I could help her lose weight without that, but since they offered...

I have to mention that she was a model dog at the vet.  When we got there, a little dog was at the counter checking out (being held by its mom).  Mocha did not react one bit.  When the receptionist took her back to get weighed, she went right with her, stubber waggin'.  They love her there - said she sat right on the scale until they told her she was done.

Before the stop at the vet, we took a wet walk at the trail.  First time in a long time that we didn't see any other dogs there.  When we left home, it was just a light misty drizzle, but it started raining hard on our way to the trail.  We both got wet!  Maybe the water on her fur was the extra 0.4 pounds.


1 comment: