Thursday, December 10, 2015

Excitement at the Trail

Mocha and I went to the trail today for her mid-day walk.  We saw a couple in Harley jackets looking towards the distance, and I thought they were just admiring the view and enjoying the pretty day.  However, when Mocha and I started walking around the pond, we noticed a loose dog.  It was by itself, and running slowly around the pond.  I called back to the couple, and asked if they knew if that dog was by itself.  They said it looked lost.  The woman was walking towards where the dog was running to, and I approached the man and offered him some dog treats to help with catching the dog.

Meanwhile, another man with an old dog were heading towards us.  He said, "Oh, that's  Myrtle.   Myrtle is with that truck." Myrtle, I now saw, looked like a Basset hound.  She was near a silver truck, but no owner was in sight.  Myrtle started to approach Mocha.  We just stood there to see if Myrtle would get close enough for the woman in the Harley jacket to catch her, but Myrtle stopped short of Mocha (good choice, probably).

At that point, I thought that the situation was under control - Myrtle had three people helping her.  Mocha and I continued our short walk, and soon left to come home.

And today I remembered to put the Christmas collar on Mocha!  She is now dressed for the season:



 Ann and I had a good foggy run today.  We left later than usual, and thought we would have some light to run in, but since it was so foggy, it didn't seem any different than usual.  I felt pretty good, no walk breaks!



No comments:

Post a Comment