Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Eve Run

Today I had my best run in a long time!  I normally run first thing in the morning, but since it was raining when I would have gone, I waited to see if it would stop raining later.

After doing some neighbor visiting and home vacuuming, the sun was starting to peek out.  The temperature was 65 degrees at least!  So I got dressed in my December running gear - capris and a short sleeved shirt.   Is this really December?

I ran a slightly different route than the one I do most weekdays - it turned out to be 3.02 miles, and my pace was faster than it has been in a long time!  Why, I don't know.  Was it the later time?  The caffeine I had time to ingest before running?  I would think the warmer weather would not help with speed.  Anyway, I'm happy with my time and with the fact that I didn't get rained on.

Since I had some coffee left, and I was hot and sweaty when I got home, I had an iced coffee - first one since summer.

Merry Christmas, everyone.


1 comment: