Saturday, November 28, 2015

Turkey Trot

On Thanksgiving, I did the local Turkey Trot 5K race.  It was very crowded, and I started out way in the back, near some dogs and strollers.  It was a beautiful day for a run, and the course is mostly through town but ends on the trail.  The trail section goes down a steep spur to get onto the main trail.  That was the most dangerous part of the race - the spur was leaf-covered, so you couldn't see what roots or rocks may have been underfoot.

But I persevered, and ended up coming in 2nd in my age group.   I had no idea I would have placed  though, so I ended up leaving before the awards.  Found out afterwards by looking at the results on-line.   My friend Ann did the race with me, and she came in before I did.  Afterwards, we came back to my house for some breakfast and coffee.

Mocha J. got lots of petting that morning.  Ann likes to sit on the floor with her and stroke her.  Mocha loves that! 

Today's run on the trail was kind of hard.  I took one walk break up a steep hill near the end.  It was good running weather, and ended up being warmer than I thought it would be.  I could have worn shorts!


No comments:

Post a Comment