Saturday, November 7, 2015

Cat Trackin'

Exciting day yesterday - there was a stray cat around.  I saw it on our deck, and tried to get it to come to me so I could see if it had tags.  No luck there - it ran away before I could get anywhere near it.  When Dave went to the animal shelter yesterday, he was going to bring home a cat trap, but they had been loaned out already.

Anyway, next time Mocha went out, you could tell she smelled the cat.  She led me all around the house, several times, paying close attention to the space under the deck and around the shed.  She is definitely a good tracking dog - but maybe a little scary for cats!

The second time we went out, I think I saw the cat running towards the house next door.  Mocha didn't see it, but still obviously could smell everywhere it had been.  She led me all around again with her nose to the ground.

On Dave's birthday, she helped him open a card from her...





Hope the cat found its home!

No comments:

Post a Comment