Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day run

Today is Labor Day, so since my running partner was off, we went to the trail like we do on weekends.  It was pretty busy there today - lots of dogs, runners, and walkers.  My niece also joined us.  I felt pretty good, but had to take 2 walk breaks up hills.  I still had the same finishing time as I had last time with no walk breaks, so I probably started out too fast.

The weather was pretty nice - cool when we started out, and then it felt hotter when we were done (and all sweaty!).

The most interesting dog on the trail (to me) was a Rottweiler mix - looked like Mocha somewhat, but taller.  The reason I think it was a mix is because the body was not as stocky as a full Rottweiler would be.  I also saw a lab puppy - full of energy and so cute!

My walk with Mocha this morning went well - we saw Bailey, a golden retriever, on the other side of the street.  Mocha looked back a few times, but didn't get bothered at all.  She is definitely improving!

No comments:

Post a Comment