Tuesday, February 9, 2016

More Snow


I just realized I haven't posted anything for February yet!  Up until yesterday, we were in the melting stage from the big snow we had the weekend of January 23/24.  Mocha & I went to the trail for a walk yesterday, and it was mostly clear.

Most of the snow was gone!

Today is a different story - more snow is coming down and 4-6 inches is predicted (I think - that could have changed by now).  The birds out back are trying to get to the feeders - at times, it is a mob scene.  The redwing blackbirds are there, and a also saw a pileated woodpecker for the first time this year.   This pictures just shows the birds in the trees...


As far as running goes, I have been able to run outside, just not at the trail.  The trail that I usually run on still has quite a bit of snow on it.  I prefer to run on the neighborhood roads which are now clear.  Let's hope that today's snow doesn't stick to the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment