Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Cloudy Wednesday

Today it is cooler and cloudy.  Mocha & I went for an early walk, and on the way back home we saw Pookie.  She is a neighbor dog that has been reactive when she sees Mocha, and of course, Mocha reacts back at her.  But today, Pookie, with a few soft words from her mom, kept walking and ignored Mocha.  I looked over at her after she had gone by, and she was calmly walking and wagging her tail. 

I can't say the same for Mocha.  She reacted as she usually does (fur up, huffing, wanted to cross the street towards Pookie).  I gave her a correction, but it took a while for her to calm down.  But maybe now that Pookie doesn't show any interest in Mocha, things will change for the better.

I need to ask Pookie's mom what she did to that girl!

On the walking front, I've been doing a power walk every other day.  My goal is for my pace to be under a 15 minute mile, and yesterday I did a 14:31.   I'm happy with that.  Still miss running though.


No comments:

Post a Comment