Friday, March 18, 2016

Mocha's Vet Visit

Yesterday Mocha had her wellness check-up - it's been almost one year since we adopted her!  She weighs more (58.1 pounds), her skin is healthy, she doesn't have any worms, but she still tests positive for Lyme disease.  The vet says that is normal, and that maybe in another year she will test  negative for that.  We had her on a course of medicine when we first got her that was supposed to eradicate the Lyme.

Mocha saw three dogs at the vet - one very big one (Great Dane).  I think she was wondering how a dog can get so big!

When we were ready to come out of the exam room, there was a black dog in the waiting room that started barking at her.  She was going to give it right back, so we went back into the exam room and I shut the door.  We waited in there instead of out in the waiting room.

Next time we tried to leave, there was a little Puggle in the waiting room that started barking at her.  She didn't care about that one, so we paid our bill and left with no further uproar.

As far as running goes.....  not good.  My right knee acted up in a big way on Monday afternoon.  It was so painful that I couldn't even bear weight on it.  I've been icing and taking a few ibuprofen, and it is better, but not 100%.  I still can't straighten either knee completely.

So I made an appointment with an orthopedic dr. to find out exactly what is wrong - is it just the arthritis flaring up, or something else?  I will go next Wednesday to start that process.

Happy St. Patrick's Day (yesterday)!




No comments:

Post a Comment